With the summer symposium now only a few days away, here is a draft itinerary for the weekends events.
9.30 registration and again at 5.00 p.m.
Friday afternoon – cross discipline training open canoe training and river
boats . Plus half day paddle. Some who arrive early may want to do their
own thing and go on a longer trip.
Booked meals are from 6.30 to 7.30 in the hall followed by an open session
for the key note speaker at 7.30 onwards ( as soon as food stuff cleared
Full day paddle and half day paddle plus 4 morning training sessions –
lunch then 4 afternoon sessions . Evening format same as Friday night with
a key note speaker.
Same format as Sunday. Evening format same as Friday night with a key note
Half day and full day paddle available.
Morning training sessions.
Symposium finishes noon Monday.
As a taster the training sessions will be covering the following and
hopefully more once the contributors are up and assess the weather and
- Tidal Planning theory and practical on the water.
- Understanding the weather
- Teaching and learning process for coaches and students – learning how to
make yourself better. Theory and practical
- Forward paddling skills, Turning skills
- Possible surf training
- Rolling clinic at local pool (numbers max 12) may be able to do open water
rolling clinic for the adventurous.
- Incident management, towing rescues etc
- 4* leader training